Hello everyone, I hope you’re all well. Get yourself a cup of tea, and get yourself comfortable for a bit of beauty talk. We all have a list of essential beauty products, the ones we use every single day, the ones we need in our handbag or in our bathroom cabinet, and need to be stocked up on. Today I wanted to share with you my top ten beauty essentials that I use day in, day out, and couldn’t be without.
1. Simple Light Moisturiser – For the summer, this is my go-to, every day moisturiser. It’s affordable, simple, and does the job perfectly. I have quite oily skin, so in the summer months a light moisturiser for during the day is all I need. I find this moisturiser really breathable, and it doesn’t irritate my skin, nor cause any break outs which is an issue I’ve commonly found with moisturisers.
2. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief – Now, for the days where my skin does need that bit of extra moisture, the Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief is my go-to. I absolutely love this product, when it’s in need of that extra hydration, my skin soaks this up leaving it feeling refreshed, hydrated and so smooth. It doesn’t just help with instant hydration, it leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated more long-term, so I simply apply this every few days or so when my skin feels like it needs it, and a little definitely goes a long way with this product.
3. Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – My current fave lip balm. I’ve loved Nivea lip balm for years and years – you’ll always find one in my hand bag, I don’t go anywhere without lip balm. I love this Pearly Shine one, it adds a little but of subtle shimmer to your lips, perfect for minimal or no makeup days.
4. Garnier Aloe Body Lotion (normal skin) – This body lotion is a new favourite of mine, but I’ve ben using it every single day after every shower. It smells amazing, and leaves my body feeling smooth and hydrated. I don’t have particularly dry skin, so this is the perfect amount of hydration my skin needs. I always make sure I moisture every day when it comes to spring and summer, especially since I have holidays coming up where I know I’ll be exposed to a lot of sun, so I want to ensure my skin is nice and moisturised.
5. Batiste Dry Shampoo – This dry shampoo is honestly a life saver. On days between washing, just a quick spray of this throughout my roots freshens my hair, absorbs any grade, and leaves my hair smelling lovely and fresh. I can’t deal with my hair feeling or looking unclean, so dry shampoo is an absolute essential for days in-between washes. I love this cherry flavour – it smells so good.
6. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Perfume – I got this perfume as a Christmas present, and I can’t believe it’s taken me this many years to try it because I’m in love, and this has taken the number one spot as my favourite perfume ever. Just a few spritz of this leaves me feeling confident and ready to take on the day.
7. Clinique High Impact Mascara – More of a recent favourite, but my current go-to mascara. It does everything I want from a mascara – it volumes, lengthens, and doesn’t clump. It’s great at adding plenty of volume whilst maintaining good separation of the eyelashes. Particularly now the weather has been getting warmer, I’m appreciating the durability of this mascara – I’ve not had any smudges or wearing away as of yet so it’s great for a daily mascara that won’t let you down.
8. Bareminerals spf15 Matte Foundation – You will have seen me mention this foundation so many times on my blog, but it’s my all time favourite foundation and has been for years. This is guaranteed to be on my face anytime I wear makeup, and sometimes I love to just wear a little bit of this, a bit of conceal and a bit of lip balm – and that’s me done, just a little bit of coverage whilst looking super natural. This foundation works so well for my oilier skin, is so breathable, and builds coverage really well.
9. L’oreal True Match Concealer – This has been my go-to concealer since January time, and I’m still loving it and have kept re-purchasing. I wear this most days, even days where I wear no other makeup, because it bends really naturally, and is great coverage for any blemishes.
10. Bareminerals Marvellous Moxie Lipgloss – I’m definitely much more of a gloss kinda gal than lipstick, so a lipgloss is an essential for me, and something I always have in my handbag. I’ve loved the bareminerals marvellous moxie lip glosses for years now, and you’ve probably seen my mention them on my blog about a hundred times. I have to say my all time favourite is shade Rebel – it’s a perfect subtle pink that can be worn for any occasion. I love how long-lasting and pigmented this lipgloss is.
SHOP THE POST
What are your beauty essentials?