August Life Goals

August life goals flatlay A goals post is something I’ve never actually written as a blog post before, but is something I mentally brainstorm and a lot of the time jot down in my journal too. I love reading other’s goals posts, I find them motivating, inspiring, and I think it’s great to have a positive outlook with things in mind you’d like to achieve. So, here I am writing my August life goals post.

Create more fashion content for my blog – A blog related goal for this month is to create more fashion content. I recently put together a styling post on how I style mom jeans (), and it’s inspired me to create more content along those lines. I’ve always shared outfit posts on my blog, but not as regularly as I’d like to, so I’m going to make a good effort to create more of these posts as I really enjoy putting them together, and sharing my style.

August life goals flatlay

Read more – Reading is something I find really relaxing, and is a great way for me to wind down before sleep, or to sit down with a cup of coffee and read a couple of chapters as a break through the day. Through university term time, I never really got much opportunity to read books for pleasure, since I had to read so much academic reading, but this month before I start my Masters degree I really want to make the most of this time and get some books read that I’ve had my eye on for a while.

Get back into a regular exercise regime – Over the last few months, I’ve been busy in terms of going away on holidays, moving house, celebrating birthdays etc. which has left the gym near the bottom of my priority list. Plus, moving house meant leaving one gym and finding a new one. But now my summer is less hectic, so it’s time to get back into the swing of a regular exercise regime. I’ve also been taking part in the Herbalife Nutrition 21 day challenge (read my post here) which has been great to get me feeling motivated, and back into loving exercise. I love heading to the gym early in the morning, as I feel it really kickstarts my day.

What are your goals for this month?

Shelley x

You may also like…

Reflections: seven things university has taught me

How I stay organised

Five simple ways to de-stress

Share:

12 Comments

• onlyshelley
      Author
      August 2, 2018 / 2:16 pm

Me too, thats great! I’m going to make the effort to fit it in everyday! Thanks for reading!

Shelley x

• onlyshelley
      Author
      August 3, 2018 / 9:15 am

Me too, I’m going to try make time for it everyday as it’s something that helps me unwind and relax. Thanks for reading!

Shelley x

1. candice
    August 3, 2018 / 8:57 am

Good luck with these goals, I think I will focus on my health after the wedding when not so stressed.

Candice | Natalya Amour

• onlyshelley
      Author
      August 3, 2018 / 9:16 am

Thanks for reading! Congratulations on getting married! I can imagine it being stressful to organise, but so worth it in the end.

Shelley x

2. August 8, 2018 / 3:54 am

This is such a great post and it really helps to write down the goals. Trust me, you’re doing more than most people already! I know that the more I read the more inspired I become to create content for my blog. Good luck and thank you for the inspiration!
    -PerlaGiselle
    iamperlita.com | Instagram Let’s follow each other!

• onlyshelley
      Author
      August 8, 2018 / 10:40 am

Thank you for reading! Yeah I agree, reading definitely inspires me too!

Shelley x

3. August 8, 2018 / 10:02 pm

This is definitely a nice post for your first try. I think goals posts are meant to be shared from time to time. It makes people aware to what you are after and it also helps you track if you are closely achieving it.

StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova

• onlyshelley
      Author
      August 9, 2018 / 9:50 am

Thank you for reading! I agree, I think they’re useful!

Shelley x

4. August 18, 2018 / 1:40 pm

I really like exercising in the morning too, it totally starts my day off right. Plus I feel like when I exercise in the morning then it’s good because I can’t use the excuse of “I’m too tired” later!

Julia // The Sunday Mode

• onlyshelley
      Author
      August 20, 2018 / 12:12 pm

I totally agree! Thanks for reading!

Shelley x