Welcome to the second post of my Marketing series, if you didn’t catch my first post and have no idea what I’m talking about, you can read it here. Today I wanted to talk about something any blogger or business can relate to – content. More specifically, how to find inspiration for and plan content.
Inspiration is something we all lack at times, it would be impossible to feel inspired and full of creativity 100% of the time. Creative blocks are perfectly normal, but there are techniques to try to kickstart it and get those ideas flowing again.
- Create a mood board and browse online visual platforms e.g. Pinterest
- Look back at your previous work / portfolio
- Chat with colleagues / friends / family
- Read a motivational book or online content
- Track your performance of previous work
- Research your target audience is asking and what’s being said about your brand
- Keep a notebook handy for any creative ideas when they spring to mind
Once you’ve got your inspiration for creating content, the next hurdle is planning it. Of course, we’re all only human and it’s normal to be off track now and then – but having a plan can help you determine your direction, what you’re aiming to achieve, and help maintain consistency and build your brand. Here are some tips in creating a content marketing strategy.
- conduct an audit of your current content to find out what type is working best
- determine the type of content you want to be publishing
- set content marketing goals
- research your audience
- schedule your content
- plan the promotion of your content
How do you find inspiration and plan your content? I have also created an Instagram page full of marketing tips, so if you would like to see more bitesized tips I’d love to see you over there.