Current Wishlist

My Guide to the Perfect Pamper Evening

My guide to the perfect pamper evening

Hello everyone, I hope you’re well. Today I’d like to share my go-to rituals for my kind of pamper evening. Giving yourself some downtime and TLC is so important, and this is how I like to spend my evening on a night alone, to switch off and treat myself.

Eat A Favourite Meal

For me, an treat evening starts with having one of my favourite meals for dinner. It’s something nice to look forward to through the day, and sets the tone for an evening of doing the things you love and that make you feel good. My favourite foods are always Italian themed, and I L-O-V-E chocolate.

Run a Bubble Bath

Next up, run yourself a lovely bubble bath with your favourite lotions, salts, bath bombs – whatever you like to use. I enjoy a nice bath bomb, or a lavender bath for when I want to really unwind. I like to light some candles and take a drink in with me. I’ll either read a book in the bath, or sit back and listen to some calming music.

Pamper Yourself

This for me involves a face mask, my skincare regime, moisturising my whole body, and putting on fresh pj’s or some loungewear. I always feel pampered, refreshed, and relaxed after doing this.

My guide to a perfect pamper evening

Stick on a Feel-Good Film

Now that I’m feeling fresh and relaxed, I like to stick on a feel good film to stick on, and I can switch my brain off from the world. I love a romantic comedy on nights like this. If all else fails and I can’t decide what to watch, my go-to back up is watching a few episodes of Sex and The City.

Have a Herbal Tea and Read Before Sleep

This is my final step for any pamper evening – sipping a peppermint or other herbal tea whilst reading in bed before I’m tired enough to sleep. I’m trying to get into the habit of going on my phone less right before sleep, and this is a good alternative to get me into that routine.

What are your rituals for a pamper evening?

Shelley x

You May Also Like

How to Stay Sane in Isolation

How To Become a Morning Person

Styling Polka Dot Trousers Three Ways

Easy Homemade Brownie Recipe For Us Who Can’t Actually Bake

Share:

8 Comments

1. May 9, 2020 / 5:10 pm

All sounds really good! We all need some pamperings to alleviate the stress we’ve been dealing with lately. I’ve been trying to meditate every evening for 3 min (I’m using an app) and it relaxes and helps me better sleep.

• onlyshelley
      Author
      May 9, 2020 / 6:56 pm

Couldn’t agree more! Oh that sounds like a great idea, I’ve always liked the idea of meditation. I should give it a go!

Shelley x

2. May 10, 2020 / 10:42 am

Having tea and reading before bed is so calming, I love doing that for self-care. You are right, we need to give ourselves this time to take care of ourselves and do the things we love!
    I recently did a post all about self-care with lots of external links and resources to help with self-care practices, if you’re interested! 🙂
    Have a great Sunday, take care! x

Julia x
    Last Post: The Stay At Home Checklist – Fun Ideas To Do From Home! | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/05/the-stay-at-home-checklist-find-new.html

• onlyshelley
      Author
      May 10, 2020 / 8:29 pm

Thanks for reading! It’s definitely important. Ooh sounds great, I’d love to have a read! 🙂

Shelley x

3. May 13, 2020 / 4:14 pm

Oh this is my perfect evening too! I love a cosy pasta meal and chocolate is always a must! Reading time and a film is also lovely!

• onlyshelley
      Author
      May 13, 2020 / 6:30 pm

Oh I love a pasta dish too, it’s good comfort food!

Shelley x

4. May 24, 2020 / 5:45 pm

Just gotta say…. I am living for your blog layout!

Also, so wish I could have a bubble bath! When I’m not living in tiny studio flats in central London, I’m totally going to look for a place with one..!

Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

• onlyshelley
      Author
      May 25, 2020 / 9:26 am

Aw thank you so much!! Ah no, I know how you feel – I didn’t have a bath when I was in some of my flats at university. But they’re the best aren’t they!

Shelley x